I’ve come up with a useful gadget for the DF that I thought I’d share here. It’s a small USB fan that’s attached under the front cowling that can be flipped down to provide a small breeze when I find that I’m not moving fast enough to get decent airflow into the cockpit. The important pieces are the cheap fan bought on Amazon, a cabinet hinge, some magnets, E6000 glue to attach the magnets, a 3D printed hinged holder for the fan, velcro and a USB charger/battery pack.
Here’s the fan in the down and up positions.
This the fan that I bought on Amazon. If you look closely in the other pictures, you can see that I cut off part of the external plastic ring below the pivots.
Here’s a better look at the design of the 3D printed hinged fan holder.
This is the cabinet hinge. I don’t know the model number. It’s one of many that I’ve replaced in my kitchen due to a broken return spring.
This is the battery pack that I’m using to power the fan and 2 video cameras.
Here are some links for the items mentioned above:
- Fan: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZBVLC7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_cAa6Fb61ZTFHG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Magnets: https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DDH1
- E6000 glue: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004O7EXNU/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U9a6FbFVJEH6T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Industrial velcro: https://www.findtape.com/3M-SJ3571-SJ3572-Hook-Loop-Fasteners/p774/?vid=8462&bc=F&c=US&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9IX4BRCcARIsAOD2OB0ftESmz2dDvA0N3wgqxgmqmEUaFjRdx1dqrP58IT9XFLS9T40-PZAaAhAYEALw_wcB
- USB Charger / Battery pack: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08729Z2JX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_bob6FbJ7J1ZE9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1