The current owner of the PseudoMonster, Stephen, has decided to part with this interesting trike. I’m handling the sale for Stephen.
Price: $1600 plus shipping to the continental U.S.A. ($150 maximum or less depending on destination)
Trice S / Vortex (AKA Pseudo Monster, AKA “Munster”)
Up for sale is a special Trice composed of selected Trice components to achieve a long, low, narrow, foldable fast trike. I am handling the sale for the owner, Stephen (BROL member “Munster”). This is the trike that Stephen has named the “Munster”. I originally built this trike and sold it to Stephen. My goal in choosing the components was to try to come up with a trike that was similar in configuration to the unobtainable Trice Monster. You can read about it here.
The heart of this trike is the Trice S cruciform. This is a hard to find part that offers the advantage of a narrow track and a stretched length compared to other Trice cruciforms. The extra length allows for more space to place the seat in a more laid back position. The rear frame member is from a 2010 Vortex. This foldable frame member will accommodate a 26″ or 700c rear wheel. The 349 front wheels and 559 rear wheel were chosen to give the trike a very low center of gravity.
I have just gone through the trike to freshen it up. I washed the seat and bags, replaced the chain, chain ring and rear shift cable. The trike is mechanically sound. It rides great. With the low center of gravity it flies around twisty turns. The frame shows its age with a fair number of scratches and scrapes. See photos below.
- Crankset – 165mm Shimano triple (53-40-30)
- Pedals – Crank Brothers
- Chain – near new Wipperman Connex 9 speed
- Front Derailleur – Shimano Triple
- Shifters – Shimano 9 Speed Bar Ends
- Tires – Near New Kojak 349s (front), Kojak 559 (rear)
- Front wheels – 36 spoke 349 Velocity Aeroheat
- Brakes – Sturmey Archer 70mm drums
- Rear wheel – 32 spoke 559 Aeroheat with Velocity hub
- Brake Levers – Tektro
- Idlers – Terracycle dual idler
- Rear Hub – Velocity with 11-32 Cassette
- Rear Derailleur – 9 speed Shimano Deore XT long cage
- Seat – ICE S hard shell
- Includes modified Catrike 700 frame bags (see photos below)